Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Problems Viewing Site?

I have been playing around on the new workstation (which is not a new computer - it's an old one, a 98 box to be precise) and I've noticed that the sidebar does not show up at all, no matter what I do. This is under IE 6.x and it's not just the ads or pictures -- I mean absolutely nothing is showing up alongside!

I am just now getting into the customization of the box today and I have an agenda literally as long as my arm, so I have no idea when I'll get to it, but I wanted to drop a line and ask anyone else who might be having this problem to let me know. Especially if you figured out a way to fix it.

I plan to add Firefox on here anyway and am considering upgrading to 7.0, but if everything is okay on this end, then I have to assume that no one with IE 6.x has been able to see the sidebar content, which bothers the hell out of me! It may also be a Blogger issue, of course.

Everytime I get one thing going, something else crops up, but I'm locking the door today and doing nothing but what I have to get done, so if and when I figure it out, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Mayren said...

Ya know, I've told ya about the Sidebar thing before. You kinda just told me to get Firefox.
Silly Manny. *hug*
You just need to fix every single picture and tag in the sidebar
as well as your posts so that
the framing isn't screwed.

Manodogs said...

Yeah, I saw that when I viewed it through IE 7.0, but then I managed to move some DIV tags around and got it fixed, or so I thought. It has to do with some outdated coding that Blogger used to use, I think - code IE no longer supports or something.

I can fix it by updating to the new Blogger templates, but there's not one that matches this one exactly and I haven't seen any I like that much. I'm going to have to spend a day looking for a template I like, then learning how to customize it with the new set up and all of that, which is why I've been putting it off...