https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wonkiness and RSS Feeds


If you should happen to subscribe to us via RSS feed and they keep going wonky, with old posts suddenly cropping up at the top for no apparent reason and so on, it's because I occasionally go through and adjust old posts. Specifically, I sometimes make edits to old posts which keep getting lots of hits - not changing the content, but I may add a tag or change a tag or the wording of a weak sentence, etc. - but I also go through on occasion and edit just any old post (usually by tag).

What happens is that I end up with a long, long list of tags and now and again, I'll notice one that is misspelled or jumbled together. For instance, I noticed that under "Gaming," there were like 2-3 entries, and a short ways above it, there was a tag for "Gameing." So I went into the post which had the misspelled tag and just spelled it right. When I reopened my browser a few minutes later, I saw that that particular post was at the top of my RSS.

I apologize for any inconvenience, but FeedBurner shows there are only like 4 subscribers via RSS anyway, and I think at least half of those are me... and since I haven't heard any complaints, I just thought I'd give y'all the rundown on what's happening, in case anyone was wondering.

No comments: