https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hex, Site Updates, Help with Blogger FTP Settings


I may not have mentioned this, but BBCA is running a Hex marathon all day and I've been watching it since about 8:00 in the AM. I've already seen all of the first season episodes 3-5 times and counting, but in about another 2 hours, they're going to show 2 of the first season episodes that never aired here in the States. Then it's the season premiere.

Did I? I mentioned this before? Well, I forgot who all I told.

Anyway, you can be damned sure I'm going to blog about the new season premiere as soon as it's over, so set your TiVo or DVR or whatever and check back after it plays.

I know things haven't gone like I wanted them to with the site, but I also said that I was still working on getting it together; I don't give up easily, I just sometimes procrastinate to the point that it seems like I have. Still, all the regular readers know all the crap I've been through lately with these computers, so while I accept full responsibility for not having done more sooner, at least things are starting to come together a little at a time.

Today, I managed to finish and upload the Blogs Index. Yes, it's a little "busy," but it's a start. I'll be hanging more stuff throughout the month and then I'll add a cover/index like I did for the Winter edition. Of course, having gotten that one done, I have a better handle on what to expect this go-round. I know it looks amateurish - and it is, to be honest - but I was under the gun and still learning all the nifty things my program(s) can do. This time things will look much nicer

Which brings me to using Blogger as the blog software and uploading it via FTP to your own domain. This is what I'm doing with both Weird Ink and The OddBlog. No one could access the archives - even me! I tried all sorts of settings and pored through the FAQ and all of that, but I could not figure out how in the world to see those archives. Here's how you do it:

Make the archives filename "archives.html" or whatever you wish, then leave all the other fields blank! Don't enter a path or URL or anything else. Don't ask me, I don't know what, why, or how, but it worked. If you surf to either blog, you can access the archives on both. You couldn't yesterday.

So, I'm really working on the site today and watching this fantastic show I may have told you about. But just in case I forgot...




Alright, alright already! Gah.


No comments: