https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, June 11, 2007

New Week, Old Keyboard

Okay, I probably made some posts this weekend that made no sense to anyone. I know I did in IM, anyway.

What happened is that I was drinking while watching Hex and I knocked a can of beer onto the keyboard. That's right, the new keyboard I bought last month after I knocked a cup of coffee all over the last one.

What it is (aside from the fact that I'm a total klutz) is that my apartment is small and I have a whole lot of crap and not a lot of places to put it all. My computer desk is one of those little deals on wheels and it's against the wall right between my front door and the closet. So, depending on how far over it's pushed, you're pretty much bound to smack it when you open a door. Further, if you drop something like a pen or paper or lit cigarette, and you grab hold of the thing and bend down to get it, it rolls backward.

In other words, it's nowhere near as difficult to spill whatever you are drinking all over the keyboard as it really should be.

Anyway, I drip-dried the keyboard and was still using it and all sorts of keys were sticking and I didn't feel like rummaging through the closet to find another one, so that's why I weren't making no kindsa sense all weekend long.

Because I sure don't have enough money to stay drunk that long...

But I did work on the website all weekend and got the new index up. Still working on everything else. This CD player is shot and I'm afraid to replace it because I don't know if XP will boot if I do, thanks to MobsterSoft's crazy-assed anti-piracy policy thingy. Since I've had to replace the sound card and the modem, I'm worried that changing the CD player will push it over the edge, so I'm doing what I can with what I've got and we'll go from there.

Anyway, lots of comic news (that's not so much news by now, I guess) and more Paris today, but it will have to wait for a few because I have physical therapy in a few minutes.


No comments: