Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tower of Power Tragedy


A 13-year old girl lost both her feet just above the ankle earlier today on the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags theme park in Kentucky.

While theme park officials have said only that they are looking into the matter, witnesses noted seeing a cable snap and hit some of the other occupants. The popular ride has been there since 1995, but many have said that it has suffered performance problems several times over the past few years. One witness interviewed on my local news specifically said that it has gotten stuck more and more often over the past few years.

Our well-wishes go out to the young woman, her friends, and family. We are thankful that things weren't worse, but I'm sure that's cold comfort for the poor girl right now.

2 comments:

Manodogs said...

I usually watch Frasier on Lifetime, but since I see like 4-5 episodes a day and tonight's are both reruns, I decided just to see what else was on and guess what I came across on ABC Family?

That's right: apparently Smallville comes on 11:00 CST weeknights. Or at least Thursday nights.

catlady said...

Saw this on MSN.com. Terrifying! Guess I'll stick to the Teacups from now on.

And you got a link from CNN.com. That is so cool! You are the Man!!!

Catlady aka Pussy Willow