https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, July 27, 2007

On the BlogRoll... or Are You?


Hey kids. Just to let you know, I’m an old-hand at this thing. I’ve worked as a computer tech for a major international corporation who sub-contracted out to other, major corporations; I’ve been blogging since back when it was called “online journaling”; I learned HTML around 1997-1998 after I realized no one was calling my Renegade BBS anymore; I’ve had at least 1-2 websites since that time.

If you have abandoned your blog and/or you can’t reciprocally link to mine, then I am weeding you out. And that’s that.

Over many years, I have been very nice and very generous to a lot of people who were nothing more than flakes. Most of them were folks whose social lives took a dive and so they turned to computing and the internet, in particular, in an effort to rekindle some of whatever they thought they had. Most of them couldn’t figure out how to plug the damned box in without my help.

There are certain rules - sometimes referred to as “Netiquette” - which one should follow and reciprocal linking and maybe an errant comment or two here and there is one of those rules. You don’t have to follow them, but then again, I don’t have to link to your little PR 1 pixel-park, either, now do I?

Sound harsh?

Eat it. How’s that for harsh?


2 comments:

B.J. said...

My goodness. I have three blogs I try to get around to when I can - two belonging to friends and one to that really interesting manodogs. After following your link today to your July 4 rant and enjoying your writing, I thought I'd come back in the wee, small hours and do me a little reading. I wanted to compliment you on your style. I noted in your blog description that you might like RPGs and wanted to tell you that I played ALL the RPGs available for the first little Nintendo and the SuperNES. Wouldn't take anything for having started with the first Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior and finally progressing to the other FFs and DWs, "Breath of Fire I & II," "Chrono Trigger" and "Earthbound" before my vision became so impaired that I couldn't go on with them. What fun they were! Not bad for a 65-year-old gal, huh? OK, so I'm feeling pretty good so far. Then, I read your post today and sort of felt kicked in the ass. I have a little penny-ante blog, which I write for myself (a retired newspaper editor and writer) to keep my writing skils honed. I don't fret over those who come or don't come near it. Yes, you put a link to my blog on yours, and while that was cool, I did not ask you to do so. Shoot, I'd even like to ask you how to put an active link in a Blogger comment - you know, HTML-wise -but, phew, not now. Feeling a little burn-out, are you? Don't base the success of your writing on who likes or hates it: base it on how good it makes you feel. Now, get back to what you do best! :-) And, take an occasional hiatus when something comes along which floats your boat! BJ Trotter
http://iseemydreams.blogspot.com

Manodogs said...

Yeah, well... like I said, people have bad days and while yesterday wasn't exactly a bad one, I just got a little upset over something that happened with someone else online. It's a long story, but some of the regular readers know what I'm talking about.

At any rate, this isn't aimed at you; you see I left your link on there. This was more to do with some people who asked me to link to them and said they would link to me and then either didn't or just up and abandoned their blog and never bothered to tell me. That kind of stuff brings your blog down and for the help I gave them, I really would have appreciated at least a note or something.

But either way, it's no biggy. Like I said, it had to do with something else and just kind of spilled-over. Sorry if it got anyone upset.