https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Quick e-Mail Tips


I know I told you we were more than happy to review your products, projects, sites, and so forth - and we are - but I need to make sure that everyone understands some pretty basic e-mail pointers to make sure your request gets past the spam filters:

Do NOT send e-mails with things like:

DEAR SIR OR MADAM
PLEASE READ
Re: [anything - anything at all]
ABOUT BUSINESS OFFER

Or anything else like that. This is classic spam stuff and really anyone who is serious about working online in any capacity should know that.

Further, don’t include multiple exclamation points in the subject line, don’t say anything about “cash” or "making money" or “opportunities” or anything like that. I would think pretty much everyone should know these things, but I guess not everyone does.

And this doesn’t mean that we will not review your site if you disobey any of these (and probably at least ten dozen other) “rules,” it means we will never even see your e-mail! It goes straight into a trash file that is cleared without ever perusing. The only possible exception is when we are expecting something that we know might end up there and/or someone writes and asks us if we’ve received whatever they sent us.

I know I said I would have the rules and addresses and all that posted on the website a week or so back, but I didn’t realize the 4th came when it did and I had to rush at the last minute to make sure a lot of bills didn’t get caught between the holiday and weekend and wind-up late. I’ll try to remember to get on that this week, if I can. Still, you just need to leave a comment here or send it to the site.


No comments: