https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Papa's Got a Brand New Kid (or Two)


This is just a quick tidbit because I heard it on local news earlier and have been looking across the web for something more to it but have yet to find it. This is possibly because James Brown is dead, but I would think his celebrity would have warranted at least a little more talk, given Eddie Murphy’s recent media coverage.

Apparently, as many as a dozen (or more) people recently took DNA tests, claiming to be Brown’s illegitimate children and it turns out at least two of them were telling the truth! Like I said, I can’t really find anything else about it just yet, so I’m not really certain where this is going to go or how far; I don’t know if any lawsuits or claims or anything like that have been filed, but I wouldn’t imagine it could be that far off.

If that sounds cynical, maybe you have a point. Still, with over a dozen people claiming to be his children and two of them turning out to be exactly that, you have to admit, it’s a slightly cynical world!

You got to pay the cost to be the boss, Mr. Brown.

No comments: