https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sutherland Arrested on DUI

Okay, with Kiefer Sutherland's DUI bust, I can finally say it:

wtf is going on down in LA?

They arrested him after he failed a field sobriety test and held him on a $25,000 bond! If this all seems a little bit much, I agree. Now, Kiefer has one other DUI from a 2004 incident and if convicted on this one, he faces a mandatory minimum of five days in jail, but it's still a little... hard to take.

I'm not "for" drunk-driving, now; let's clear that one up right off the bat. But it seems to me that the LA police are trying to bust celebrities in order to make the news, thus softening their national image as a thoroughly corrupt department by "proving" that status doesn't matter.

On the other side of that same coin, wtf is up with these hard-drinking celebrities who insist on driving themselves? I have no idea how much it costs to hire a personal chauffeur, but even those of us who can't afford one know to ask for a designated driver if we know we are going out to drink. We don't always do it and we sometimes drink more than we realize - shit happens - but in a lot of these cases, the celebrities are known to be partiers! I hate to say it, but even without the previous DUI, had I been a cop who pulled over Kiefer Sutherland, I would have given him a field sobriety test. Why? He's Kiefer Sutherland!

I don't care how "hot and wild" LA is, were I a celebrity, I wouldn't touch that place with a 10' pole... and, and, AND: when I had to do something in LA, I would make damn sure to hire a driver!

No comments: