https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Life and HellCat's Slight Introduction

Well, yesterday saw the arrival of a large shipment o' comics, but there was a catch: due to a dumbassed mistake on my part, I missed like an entire cycle - a whole shipment. It wasn't because of late payments; I had neglected to set the titles as "subscriptions" and just advance ordered them. I always get confused by that thing because the advance order site I use has a button for you to coordinate the series/issues to which you have advanced ordered and subscribed - for example, when you hit the button, it says, "You have X titles on advance order without subscriptions, do you want to subscribe to these titles?" - and I always have to log back in and hit it after I fill out my order.

Anyway, the cats I use are really cool and they are helping me get the issues I missed. Most of the titles to which I subscribe are limited series which will be wrapping-up soon, and then my payments won't be so high and they won't be late. I have until January to save money for a real attorney, according to what I was told today when I went to appeal my case, so that's cool - God willing, it's true and correct!

But my bank screwed me up, too - again because of a dumbassed mistake I made! - not because of something they did. I forgot to turn off the automatic payment thingy and it sent out my rent earlier than I had planned, so I'm chewing my fingernails while holding my breath that I don't start bouncing checks. But with everything else that's going on in my life, I'm not going to let it get to me. I'm just going to have to let it go; I have far too much to worry about without adding that to the mix. Hopefully my comics guys will hold my check until I hit the full amount like they have in the past; I sent them a fat check this month and have like $40 credit, so hopefully they'll hang onto it until I spend the whole thing (if y'all are reading, I'd appreciate it!). If these damned sponsors would start paying on time - and not waiting until like 11:58 PM to do it when they do - everything would be fine! But what can I say that I haven't already - at least twice?

I have a new blogger to introduce to everyone, but she is having some personal life issues of her own right now, so I will wait for a few days and let her get things settled. She will be joining us here from time to time and also helping out with The Speakeasy. HellCat is a good friend and has been for several years, and even though she keeps saying she has nothing "entertaining" to post about, I guarantee everyone that whatever she comes up with, you will enjoy it!

But I'll wait and introduce her at a more appropriate time.

And now, the next post will be the massive list o comics I got this month...


No comments: