https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chill Inconsistencies

I have something like 15 years' worth of Chill material to get online and have been working on it steadily since I decided to get into this project a few weeks back. Problem is, I'd forgotten just how much Chill material is literally at-odds with itself!

I have plenty of notes in which I made changes to Things, Disciplines, even Skills and other rules, but I had some notes about the Chill Mythos and, as I started putting this online (well designing the pages, not publishing them) and got back into reading the actual descriptions of some of the stuff I was talking about, I started coming across some truly conflicting information!

A lot of these inconsistencies come from the fact that the line went through so many hands while it was being published. Mayfair was in that big lawsuit with TSR and Chill went from designer to designer in the meanwhile. That's why the later books have a completely different design from the first few - hell, they have completely different designs from one another!

I am going to contact the goodly Mr. Savage about this, but he is a busy man with a full-time job and a family, so I can't say if he is going to be able to help or when... I am going to move on to some other material for now, but seeing as how it's all congruent (or is supposed to be, anyway), this is a real sticking point.

If Hyrum cannot lead me in the right direction, I will basically just rewrite the printed information as I see fit. But I am trying to develop the information to be compatible with the yet-to-be-released Chill 3.0, so I'm not going to rush things.

I haven't even published the Horror page so you can get to the Chill section from the site, so it's not that big a deal... just thought I'd drop a line to let you know the score.

No comments: