https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, December 07, 2007

Morning, Sunshine!

Yes, I am up extremely early today. My horrible neighbors just do not give a damn about anyone else and have been partying every night this week until well into the 2:00 AM hour. In general, I wouldn't mind, but I am becoming very embittered as to how they get away with this on a regular basis, but you so much as let me turn up my TV at 8:30-9:00 and the damned pigs will be on my door.

Small Southern towns full of uneducated, crackheads and meth-addicts (not to mention all-round drunks) are no place for anyone but their kind to live. Locals literally get away with murder.

Anyway, I'm actually not in a bad mood, just still waking up and would rather be sleeping, but since I couldn't, I got up to get back to work behind the scenes here. I am going to set up the sub-domains on the site this weekend and hopefully have all the blogs moved to their new homes by the beginning of the week.

Like I said, if everything goes through like it should, I will post the new URLs across all the blogs and on my profiles on social networking sites and so forth as the day draws nearer. Further, you should be redirected when you come to the old URLs. This is going to take several days to accomplish, given the fact that we are (well, once were, thanks to Google) listed in so many places across the Web. It will take several weeks, even months, for all those sites to update their addresses, so I've been putting it off because I didn't want to get lost in the shuffle. This PR0 was actually a good thing in those regards, since I have nothing to lose.

The new URLs are (tentatively - nothing is definite yet) as follows:
  • The Rundown: rundown.theweirding.net
  • The OddBlog: oddblog.theweirding.net
  • Weird Ink: weirdink.theweirding.net
Again, don't bother doing anything yet; none of these are active as I type this and I may change my mind by the time I get around to doing them. The feeds also have to be updated and that may prove more problematic than anything else.

What I am doing now is deleting the PPP badges on old posts and trying to weed-out and organize the tags. I will most likely include a tag cloud for all the blogs once they are settled on their new domains. This will also make it publish faster and (hopefully) load quicker, as well. After that, I am going to do some re-arranging on the sidebar and other areas, since I will be dealing with the raw template once it moves to its own domain and it's easier to do this way.

But don't worry, I have plenty to get out to you today, including press releases and I'll try to do at least one or two more reviews, not to mention whatever comes up in the news.

There is a Monk marathon on all day today which will keep me entertained as I work. Also, please vote for me to Blog for a Year. You can vote once a day and if you leave your profile URL on the post I made the other day, I'll vote for you as well.

No comments: