https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fiddlin' with the Feed

Hey guys, I went into FeedBurner and played with the feed a little to kind-of dress it up and so forth. I also changed it so that now it doesn't feed entire posts. I didn't realize I had it set to do that and I personally find that annoying because, if I don't care to read a particular post, I have to scroll all the way past it in my reader; if it's a post I want to read, I much prefer to just click on it and continue reading than to have to scroll through the whole page to find the next one.

If you'd prefer I reset it to full posts, please let me know. Also, I added the little kitty pic to the feed and I don't know how that's gonna work out... or if it's gonna work out. That's one of the reasons I hate to fool with the feed - they're easy to hose and impossible to recover. I don't know why the little Bats icon isn't showing up in any of the readers, either; I guess Blogger's icon supersedes my little tweak? I don't see the pic in any of my feeds, so I don't know what it's going to look like, nor even where to look. If it's annoying or messy, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Interesting historical side-note: I "custom-made" that graphic (meaning I added the title) back in like 2002 or so after I received the kitty picture from a friend in an e-mail. A year or so later, a site named "Humor Blogs" or something cropped-up and had that pic as its banner. I did not create the picture and
after that site started using it, I have tried off and on throughout the years to find out who did - to no avail. If anyone knows who made it, I would love to know. And if it's in violation of anyone's TM or Copyright, I'll gladly remove it or give you credit for it.

If there are any (really) Old School readers (from back in The Day, when we were on the GeoCities site), you know I have a slew of Rundown banner pics - the rest of which I photographed/drew and captioned myself - which I used to rotate seasonally, but seeing as how those are all much bigger and not at all funny in nature, I don't do that anymore. I did for a minute or two when I first moved here, then just quit.

Much like vacuuming my apartment or shaving my coin purse.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: