Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, February 08, 2008

No Promises

Hey guys, I can't make any promises about today...

I set about paying bills and Charter Communications is screwing me royally - I just haven't figured out how yet. Last month, I signed-up for some "special promotion" and got high-speed access for $9.99/month (regular price is $19.99) - now, they are saying I signed-up for $19.99/month (regular price, $29.99). Thing is, ever since they connected me, my TV has been fuzzy and I am getting 70% LESS performance than other Charter customers, according to several online speed tests. But, I won't let them send out a technician because the last time they did, they charged me for a service call - even though it was a problem with the lines outside!

Every, single, effing time I have anything to do with Charter, they wind-up plugging me somehow! Unfortunately, they are the only option in my area, so instead of making a stink about it - seeing as how I already have like 23492349072345 times and it just costs me more - I'm just moving.

The other thing is that I am getting three different balances for my checking account - one from the bank, one from MS Money, and one from my register. Every which way I do it, it looks like I should have enough money to cover my bills (with maybe $10 leftover, but still), but I am afraid to commit to anything until some more checks come through. And several of them are 1-4 weeks old!

People: please cash checks when you receive them, unless specifically asked to hold them!

How many years have checking accounts been around? Why is America so far behind in common, damn sense?

Arrgggh!

Obviously, I am in no mood to be affable today, so instead of cranking-out sub-par content, I am just taking the day off. Hopefully I will feel better later on and get a few things posted, but I'm making no promises!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

I totally meant "hi," as in, "hi thee"... but I was pretty druckin' funk.