https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, February 01, 2008

Today

Hey guys and gals and... well, that should cover it. I hope.

I got a few things done this week, but I had some personal stuff which needed attending. I am going to write an important post on blogging in the Blogging the Write Way series over to Weird Ink later today or tomorrow which all bloggers should read - really anyone who makes money online; turns out I should have filed taxes in 2006 for the money I made online!

I had actually looked into this back then, but it turns out that, since I am "self-employed," the threshold on the amount you make to file taxes is actually much, much lower than normal. In fact, if you make less than like $2500 or so as an individual, you do not have to claim that; if you make something like $400+ being self-employed, you do. I should have looked into it in more detail, so I'm going to pass along whatever information I come across over there.

Anyway, I had to deal with that this week, along with my first of the month stuff - much of which I have yet to complete because it fell on a weekend.

I still managed to get a lot done around here, as well as on the other blogs, just not as much as I need to. I'm so far behind at this point, I'm afraid I may never catch up... but I am working on it. The real stress comes from the fact that the site is suffering because of all the time I am investing in the blogs. But all this is going to get done, eventually.

In fact, if anyone's interested in guest-blogging or the like, please get in touch with me! All comments are moderated, so you can leave a message here and I'll get it and never publish it. Of course, we've had several people say they wanted to do it and then never follow through, so if you aren't serious about it, don't bother. Not in an ugly way, just being honest; if you'd like to guest-blog here and reach a larger (or just different) audience and get some traffic to your blog/site, then by all means, let me know - but if you aren't serious about it, then please don't waste my time.

So, I hope everyone else is doing well. I really miss hearing from y'all like I used to, but I know school's back in and the holidays were here and so on and so forth, so drop a line whenever you can. You know my funnybook-reading ass will be around (God willing!).

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: