https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Death & Taxes

I wonder if one of your dying thoughts is, "I'd rather be doing my taxes." Because, while doing my taxes, I have often thought, "I would rather be dead."

The real problem is that I found out I also have to do my 2006 taxes, and I had no idea until this year because I did not realize I am actually "self-employed." It looks like I'll be filing my 2007 taxes then going back and filing to change them, depending on how my 2006 taxes go.

This has kept me up literally all night. I had a feeling an all-nighter was coming, anyway; I have been falling asleep later and later these past few nights and it was going to catch-up to me. However, it did give me a chance to get more of the Champions pages done! The layout and design is going to take a little more time, but I am eager to see how the whole system works together, so I may give you the link later today or tomorrow (kind of a "sneak-peek," because the actual design is going to take another day or two to work out).

Just like a lot of the Cyberpunk pages, all of this material is already done but I can't "just" copy it from the old page and paste it to the new one because of limitations in the software I'm using... the programmers crippled the software so you can't copy and paste to another web-editing program! This means I have to layout the page and publish it to my hard drive, then copy the source from the HTML file, paste it into a third program, then carry it back over to the second program and hardcode, then copy it all and put it back into the original program! It's a lot more complicated than it sounds (well, in rereading this, maybe not) and, with all the steps, really easy to screw-up. And we all know how I am: I get everything over to the right program, then decide to change it and have to do whole sections all over again...

At any rate, if I can get the page on the screen to look like the one in my head, it'll all be worth it. And I am just dying to see how the whole thing works with the new system! It's so much easier to manage this way! I just hope it looks and operates as smoothly - otherwise, it'll be back to the old drawing board. But I think I know how to do it, I just have to see it in action to know what I'm dealing with.

Anyway, I'm babbling, so I'm obviously cracking-up and I'm going to try and get a few winks. If I don't get back to you, have a pleasant Sunday!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: