https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, May 12, 2008

BattleTech and Battling Charter Communications

Well, I have to apologize to y'all yet again on behalf of Charter Communications. This is not the first time, as regular readers well know.

I spent my entire day calculating, calling, cross-referencing, double-checking, arguing, playing nice, calling back, waiting on-hold, restating the obvious, and basically effing with Charter Communications. Again.

Finally, after my third lengthy phonecall with angry customer service reps who barely speak English, I got a "supervisor" (who, according to Charter Communications' own employees are actually not supervisors, just other technicians - and I know how that works: they "put you on-hold," which places you back into the queue and changes your "status level" so your "crew supervisor" or "team leader" can answer the call) who I kept catching in lies to the point that he finally exhausted and told me to go to my "local" office... about 50 miles away. I haven't even made supper (but I have to because the chicken is thawed).

Anyway, "Brian" commented on one of the Transformers/BattleTech posts with a slew of links to BT resources and I wanted to say thanks! I've seen Transformers at least 7-8 times since Saturday night - it's on right this minute, as a matter of fact! Great flick. I so wish I'd seen it in the theaters when it was released!

I pulled out all the BT books and skimmed through them, but it's been so long since I've played that I don't know what to do. I mean, the great thing is that it's a wargame - not a RPG - so I can technically play solo; all I have to do is set-up the boards and counters, pull the stats straight from the Technical Readouts and start rolling. But we all know me...

That means, a week from today, there will be a BT game laid-out in my house which I will never finish but keep saying I will, so I'll step over it for months. And I won't get anything else done in the meantime...

Still, every time Transformers comes on, I end-up watching it, and it makes me want to play... so... if only I didn't live in the middle of Backwoods, Nowhere! Methtown, Baptistville. Bigoted, Corruptown.

Maybe if I can pay off this fine once and for all and get effing Charter Communications to give me my money back that they've been stealing for the last year, I can finally afford to move. I pray.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: