https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Babbling

Having so much to do and having gotten so little sleep, I'm a little starved for conversation, which is why I like blogging. It's also why I'm babbling at 2:30 in the morning!

I canceled my subscription to Previews. While it's a great magazine and a must-have for retailers, I don't think I ever got through the entire thing in one month! That's just too much magazine for something as simple as a listing of what's coming up next month. And for the $5.00 cover price, just out of my league. Plus, I haven't looked through the website much, but I think most everything I need is available online for free, so I'm going with that for now.

In fact, I have canceled quite a few titles recently, but my bill hasn't changed much. This month, I am going to do some serious cutting-back and order only a handful of titles. Part of this has to do with the bi-weekly installments of regularly monthly titles the major companies have become so fond of these last few years. They probably advertise well in advance of the change, but since I advance order, I don't see until it's too late.

One thing I really need to do is go through and delete a bunch of fonts. I have tens of thousands of fonts I have collected over the years and when I got the new Vista box, I simply installed them all. I knew then it wasn't exactly a great idea, but seeing as how I have so much drive space and didn't feel like going through them individually then, it was the best I could do. Now I get all kinds of errors in most programs, asking me to remove some of the fonts, so I really need to make some time to do that. The majority of the site features about a half-dozen which are likely already installed on your computer. I will put together a fontspack for download one of these days.

Strangely, the Dark Conspiracy section was designed using the Bermuda font. I say "strangely" because I no longer have the Bermuda font and it is a "premium" font, costing about $30! I have no idea where or how I got it nor where it went. Part of the reason that section is not complete is because I am having to go through and change all the instances of the Bermuda font to something else.

There is no reason the Champions pages aren't up yet. My health issues and random sleeping schedule are to blame for most of it, but it shouldn't take that long to finish, even if it doesn't look all that great at first, so I'll try to have that up this week. I am also going to try and slave the XP drive to the Vista box. If that works, I will have tons of stuff up immediately, as the majority of the site is on that HD, which I cannot access. God willing, it hasn't been corrupted or lost! My God, that would suck immensely... but let's not think bad thoughts.

Anyway, I'm up at an ungodly hour simply because my body apparently only requires 15-20 minutes of sleep here and there. Even though I can barely hold my head up. I'm going to get a few things out for you when you first wake up and then schedule more throughout the day, then I am going to try to get some real sleep!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: