https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, May 23, 2008

Ohio Cons Merge

Mid-Ohio-Con and Ohio Comic Con have merged under the auspices of GCX Holdings LLC.

The event organizers all seem very pleased with the merger and suggest they have many new ideas to bring to the table. The single event will take place on the weekend of October 4th-5th of this year, as opposed to the traditional Thanksgiving weekend date. The merger will also result in additional tables, dealers, and guests.

I have honestly been looking into moving to Ohio specifically because they have so many cons and creators in and around the area. Plus, it isn't too far away from where I've lived most all my life, so it's not like I'd be moving halfway around the world or anything. I had wanted to attend at least one of these conventions this year to get a feel for the area, but with everything else going on lately, I may not be able to.

Still, these two cons are well-known and their merger means the single event will be even larger and more active than both were previously. This could be the beginning of a major annual cultural event in our general region, so I encourage everyone who can attend to do so.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: