Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, June 02, 2008

Father's Day Gifts

You might not think 1-800-FLOWERS when considering places to shop for Father's Day Gifts , but you should. 1-800-FLOWERS carries far more than just bouquets and floral arrangements.

If you follow the link above, you will find all sorts of great gifts for the men in your life - fathers, brothers, uncles, grandfathers, and more - and not just flowers! I completely agree that flowers are a little weird to give for Father's Day - flowers are a bit weird to give guys at any time, if you want to get right down to it - but even though the holiday would allow you to do this, you and I both know that most guys are not going to appreciate a bouquet. No matter how nice they are.

But the flip-side of this is that you also do not have to rely on some overly-masculine gift for every holiday and celebration. Maybe the man in your life does not like to fish or already has a beer-guzzling hat; and if this is the case, you should not have to rely on mundane gifts like the traditional necktie. Get a little creative and send him something he never expected!

He might not use it, but he will certainly appreciate the initiative. Plus it will give him something to look forward to next year. I know several people who almost never gave me a gift I really wanted, but I was always interested in seeing what they were going to give, just because I knew it was something I would not expect. And they got more than one right over the years!

Follow the link above and find out more about 1-800-FLOWERS' assortment of Father's Day gifts and grab one right there - or just get your creative juices flowing! Some of us feel the mundane gifts are worse than not receiving one at all, because that says, "I didn't know what to give you, but I knew I had to, so you're a burden to me. Take the tie."