https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, September 22, 2008

Ugh!

I may have to breakdown and kill one or both of my cats. I realize cats are somewhat nocturnal by nature, so I have grown accustomed to the occasional falling book or scampering of paws during the night, but these two - well, one in particular - starts raising hell (quite literally) every morning at 3:30am through to around 5am, until I finally get out of bed and throw him outside, more or less. I'm trying not to let it get my day off to a bad start, but needless to say, I haven't slept well in days!

Taking the weekend off really was the best thing I could have done. Despite what it may sound like, I didn't spend it in a drunken stupor. I drank with friends Friday night, and we made nachos and had a few drinks Saturday afternoon, but that was it. We had a BBQ yesterday (it was the last day of the summer) and I drank 2-3 beers while we waited for the food, but once it arrived, I switched to tea and that was the end of it. Like I've said before, I'm not much of a "social drinker" - if I drink, I am looking to get drunk, and once I accomplish my goal, I don't want to drink again for a while.

What I needed was exactly that, though: a few days off without having to worry about deadlines or reporting whatever before it's old news. I needed a day where I could drink and just lie around the next, nursing my hangover, and watching TV - just some plain old downtime. I really do feel rejuvenated, even though the entire house is turned upside down (because of the cats - they knocked half the house over throughout the weekend and I just stacked it to the side instead of cleaning it up).

Anyway, with the early start, it will be another weird day; expect runs early on, then in the afternoon, and I'll probably post well into the night. I'm so sleepy I can barely see, but I'm drinking coffee, so I will likely take a nap at some point.

I am also trying to get back on a modified schedule so I can get back to the real work behind the scenes, like catching-up on my reading. I got the latest CBG a week or two back and never even finished the one that I already had! That has to stop. Now that it's Fall, everyone will be busy again, the frequent visits from friends will slow to a crawl, and I'll get settled back into the groove.

Of course, after a few months of that, I'll get restless and bored and the whole cycle will start anew. Unless I find a wifey-type chick...

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: