Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Art Class

Another week, another class. This workstation broke last night when I tried hooking-up the scanner, but with a fresh install (which I'm going to document over to The Cyberculturalist for all you hobbyists and broke people, like myself, who might want to fool with a Win 9x setup), hopefully things will go differently this time. Once I get a scanner up and going, I can bring you more of my offline work!

And there's going to be more of it, thanks to this free art course I'm taking - the second of which is tomorrow morning. I really need to be sleeping, and I really feel like I could, but I lost all last night and today to this thing, so I'm going to tie-up a few loose ends before I call it a day.

Getting a fax-capable machine going was my primary motivation in setting-up this 9x box, so it simply has to have a scanner - and a phoneline. However, 98se performs quite well online, with some tweaking. Like I said, check out The Cyberculturalist to learn more about it, but I've really maxed this puppy out so far, and I'm nowhere near done. 98se is the most stable build Microsoft ever did, even though XP has far more (and better) features.

An XP box in the bedroom/studio is my next objective and I have almost everything I need to accomplish that. I am not going to start on another sequential art project, but I am going to get back to doing more offline work for the site.

I'll let you know how the class goes tomorrow and may even have some work to share, depending on how this computer thing goes!

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: