Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Suckage

Allow this to pointedly illustrate my life:

No sooner had I told you about how "awesome" it was that I'd finally gotten my network back online in three years than the 98 box crashed. I promise you.

I spent literally all night trying to get it back up and running, culminating in a total destructive recovery early this morning. Of course, I didn't have the LAN card drivers and started back over with IE4.01, which was trying to connect to the dial-up network using NetBEUI (don't ask). I had to tear the house apart to find an old AOL CD in order to get it upgraded just enough to dial-in and update just enough to get to the website to download the drivers for my card. Which didn't work.

I had to find a special CD-burning program which writes CDs under Vista that 98 can read!

I finally got to sleep around 12:30p and woke-up about half an hour ago (it's 4p now)...

Furthermore, one of our sponsors has decided we can no longer work with another one and is withholding work until we've severed our ties with them... even though we supposedly had a reasonable amount of time in which to complete this. This requires manually editing THOUSANDS of posts both here and elsewhere, which means I need to accomplish that even before I do anything else!

Needless to say, you may not hear from me for a while.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: