Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, August 14, 2009

Web Hosting Geeks

We are geeks here to The Weirding - as you well know, because if you are reading this, it is almost certain you are a bit of a geek, too. While we are all into comic books and D&D, we are obviously also into computers and the Web; technically, I think you have to be interested in one of these three areas to qualify as a "geek," but I suppose you can be a geek about anything - maybe it's more about the depth of your interest than the interest itself.

This is definitely true of Web Hosting Geeks dot Com: these guys are all about website hosting - thus the name. I wish I had known about them before I paid for my first host... Longtime readers and followers know I have gone through no fewer than three web hosts the past few years. While we may have found our long-term home (boy, I hope so!), it has taken its toll - on hits, search engine placement, and much more.

That's the thing about the Web: people can't enjoy what you have to offer if they can't find you, and the more you move around, the harder it is for them to do so. If you find the right host the first time, you can do what you should do with a good website: build it a little at a time - develop it slowly and steadily, instead of having to move everything from one host to another time and time again.

Web Hosting Geeks rates various web hosting companies according to a range of features, price, customer service, and more - they really are geeky when it comes to hosting! In fact, of their top ten right now, I had only heard of three when I was searching for a home for The Weirding. Luckily, our current host is one of these, but I had to go about my research the old-fashioned way; you can just start right here and cut your time by at least half!

If you can be a geek about anything, Web Hosting Geeks certainly qualifies. Start looking for your website's host right here, and check out their blog for more information, as well. Check out their posts on CMS, for example - something I have been looking into for some time now.