https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Features, Functions

One of the ultimate limitations with this layout is that blog pages can stretch forever and you miss a lot of stuff if the post you're reading is short. I added some features and links farther down the sideboard and wanted to let you know.

The Rundown was always a blog about whatever I was geeking-over or going through at the time, but the big "blogging boom" a few years back forced me to try different strategies just to get noticed!
This was also the big comics boom, so there was that to consider. Sometimes, I would get fewer than 50 hits a day... The cool thing is that it got me further down those avenues than I ever would have become ambitious enough to otherwise pursue; the bad thing is that I was forced to postpone or abandon a lot of other projects and ideas just to keep-up with it all. All the truly important things -- navigation, design, and so forth -- fell way behind, so this is kinda a big deal but may not stay this way.

I better organized the links and features, then added a list of podcasts I listen to regularly (I was going to do one, aggregated "package" feed [and probably will include one eventually], but I wanted to give them some free exposure and let you pick and choose), and I'm going to add some gadgets/feeds to cover all the crap I don't care about -- like who's playing Spider-Man's 3D dick. I have some Internet TV stations and routines I watch daily, but due to all the licensing and legalities surrounding those types of sites and my lack of knowledge concerning which are "legitimate" and so forth, I'm not messing with them right now.

I am finally integrating everything into the site, proper -- the URLs will remain the same, you'll just be able to access everything in fewer clicks and from (pretty much) the entirety of the site. I'm also bringing back more of the art. I'd love to hear any feedback, whatever!

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

No comments: