Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

What I'm Digging Year #5.1

Here's what I'm digging this week, or (probably) month. I've included relevant links wherever possible. These open in new windows in case you click and can't seem to find them.

I'm spending more time on DriveThru and eBay than I mean to, but I only overspent a lot. Hopefully, I'll be able to reign it back in next month... I got some good advice along the way, seeing as how a lot of it comes down to peddling $1 and $3.00 orders of things I just couldn't live without, regarding solo adventuring and that is: Don't feel like you have to buy a lot of RPG stuff to get started, especially if you already own a lot of RPG stuff. A whole lot of Solo RPG -related stuff is free or Pay What You Want (PWYW), which is basically $1-3.00 or free, anyway.

I'm still reading The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey, I just haven't had as much time to read as I did previously, so I'm barely making it through chapters before going to bed.

I've mostly been listening to YouTube videos while I work, whether it be music or spoken word -- specifically, the type of podcast you don't have to watch to get the most out of it. I plan on checking out Radio Juxtapoz this week, as well. I just started one episode and liked what I heard, but I didn't listen to the entire thing. Most of the podcasts are relating to solo RPG, D&D lore, Cyberpunk (a lot of Cyberpunk 2077, even though I only have the Referee's Screen for that), and just solo RPGing and lore, overall

As for TV, I've had it set to MeTV Toons with Mute on for the whole month, so far. I just can't take the politics and they're set into hyperdrive at this time of the season and year. I've checked in on major headlines here and there, and local weather, but that's as far as I've bothered to go with anything news-related; I just get too worked-up. I'm seriously considering buying either Cyberpunk Red or the Cyberpunk 2077 video game for my birthday, but I haven't made up my mind just yet. I also installed a couple of new podcast apps, but I haven't listened to anything on them yet.

I'm going to be running a lot of RPG solo, but I'm starting with my own Fuzion system using Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (the UniSystem, basically) and a number of creatures, randoms, and so on that I've adapted from other RPG materials I already own. Two of those product links are completely free, BTW.

So, until next week!

© The Weirding, 2024

No comments: