https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

SG-1 Cancelled!

See my luck?!

I finally break down, after ten years, and decide to watch a damned show -- and really enjoy the episode I saw! -- and scant days later, they cancel the frigging thing!

Shades o Hex!

I did see the preview for NBC's new fall series, Heroes, on Sci-Fi last night, but it gave me no more insight into it than any of the commercials. I'd considered surfing it out online, but since I am on dial-up and my audio card is out, I didn't think it'd be worth it. I really haven't heard that much buzz about it, but I'm hoping it's good. My reasoning is, if they decided to show Eureka on Sci-Fi (which seems to me to be a show that just screams "mass appeal"), then Heroes must be pretty damned good!

But, considering all this, now I'm worried about Eureka.

People, if you have not checked out Eureka yet, DO IT TONIGHT! TURN ON SCI-FI NOW, watch Dead Like Me (another great show) and stay tuned-in for Eureka, immediately following. You will not be disappointed!

I like "hard" sci-fi, don't get me wrong, but Stargate and Star Trek and all that aren't "hard" sci-fi. Bladerunner is "hard" sci-fi -- cyberpunk, Total Recall -- and I'm pretty tired of most of it. I like it when I like it, but give me some good old-fashioned "death rays" and sliding doors now and then, you know? Stuff that just "is," without some garbled, polysyllabic explanation involving "transmogrifying co-portal inhibitors" and shit.

And, speaking of Star Trek, yes, I am going to write about Bill Shatner's Roast, as well as TVLand's upcoming 40th anniversary special, but Comedy Central is showing the Roast again this coming weekend, uncut, so I'm waiting until then.

And I could have sworn there was something else I was going to mention, but it seems to have slipped my mind for now. I'll drop by when I remember it.

No comments: