https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Full Coverage

Or Shameless Self-Promotion
Some of you might not know it, but The Rundown actually has two parts - the whole is contained in two, separate blogs. This one focuses mostly on animation, comics, and sequential art; pen and paper role-playing games (though I haven't done much on that since I started - keep reading); and sci-fi, fantasy, and horror fare in pretty much any medium. The other one focuses on the entertainment industry, in general, with a lot of TV and movie reviews (including many within these areas).

Originally, the point was to keep all the reviews and industry news separate from the hardcore nerd-stuff, but over the months, I've come to the conclusion that there's just too much crossover. I've had to spend far too long choosing between blogs when I had something to post more than a few times. For instance, Primer is definitely sci-fi, but also a movie. I would have put the review on the other half of the blog, but since I realized a lot of readers didn't realize that both halves refer to the same thing, I guessed that readers of this one would be more interested, and so I posted it here. I should have done the same for my review of Metalocalypse (but one of the sites was actually down when I posted that one, which wasn't originally posted even on the other half of the blog).

Also, as many of us are also into the paranormal and general weirdness and the Unexplained, The OddBlog has all of that. And I have been covering a lot of the goings-on on Ghost Hunters and Sci-Fi Investigates over there lately.

So, while this entire post reads like a completely shameless self-promotion (largely because it is), it's real goal (aside from shameless self-promotion) is to let everyone know where things are. I've been freewheeling it a lot lately, but I'm getting back into trying to keep the subjects, and thus the blogs, separate again. This has to do with how I am organizing the website... which will be up this month, though not all of it. I'll cover that in a separate post later today or tomorrow...

No comments: