Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wasted Days

I don’t know where to start here. My dad brought me his computer to see why it wouldn’t start - or it would, but then it would just shut off - it’s an e-Machine and I found out that they tend to do that after a few years. So I read that the power pack might be the problem and since mine hangs out the side of my box because it went out a few years back, I decided I’d just go on and unplug it and give it a shot.

It didn’t work, so I stuck it back into my box and was going to be up and going. But when I turned it back on, it just gave four beeps and refused to turn on the monitor! I swapped it back into another box and even though it would come on to some degree, it kept saying something about a hardware issue and the picture was all screwy.

So I can’t get to my computer!

And - better yet - the 98 box, which hasn’t worked for months now, suddenly started working! Thank God for that, but all the e-mails, the entire website, everything - I can’t get to any of it anyway I can think of! The only possible thing I can do is slave the hard drive to this 98 box, but I don’t know if that will work since it’s XP. It’s all I have to go on for now, so I’m going to do a little more research before I spend all that time messing with it, and let you know how things go.

At any rate, I am going to be completely broke next month because I have absolutely no choice but to get a new computer. Maybe my folks will co-sign a loan for me from somewhere. I don’t know where, I don’t know how, but given the amount of money I have been bringing in, there’s a slim possibility I could get a small personal loan of $500-1000... MAYBE. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow!

So that’s all I’ve been doing for two solid days now: breaking apart computers to find out that none of them work...

No comments: