https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Adult Swim Scores!

Well, tonight was a good one! FINALLY!

It's been a pretty damned long time since Adult Swim actually had an entire night of decent entertainment. Over the past year or so, we have gotten a lot of nights with one or two good shows, a few nights with an entire night of pretty good shows, and night after night of abject shit.

Tonight's Aqua Teen Hunger Force was actually funny! My guess is that someone got sick and they had to let the intern who really, really loves the show step-in at the last minute to do punch-ups ("Punch-ups? Like donkeypunchin'? Like DP? Remember - you remember that one? What... like what was your thought process - like, what were you thinking when you wrote that one?"). They even got to be subversive while they did it! See? Being subversive and funny are actually not mutually exclusive concepts, y'all! Let's try to keep it up, can we?

After that was the premiere of Fuh-risky Dingo, and those cats just can't do no wrong. Truly funny stuff.

The OddBlog template upgrade did not go as planned, but the good thing is that the feed is working again (for now). I found a template which should work and I am going to try and get it online tomorrow, once I am done doing all my bill-paying and stuff. If I don't end up back in jail (knock wood). In the meantime, I am going to leave it on the BlogSpot server so I can get more done; it takes way too long to publish via FTP. There is also another option I am looking into tomorrow, but couldn't find out more about before then because my ISP's customer service is closed over the weekends. After that, I am going to change the template here to our fair Rundown.

There is a whole lot of new RPG content headed for The Weirding this month, as well. I am trying to get sponsors and advertisers situated before I start publishing, because once I publish them, I am going to be aggressively promoting and marketing the entire thing. There will be a general sitewide update, but it will mostly be transparent to viewers - minor changes and bug corrections.

So, here's to new beginnings all the way around: Adult Swim is finally funny again (knock wood) and The Weirding is actually getting some content (God willing)!

It's like Christmas without all the condoms.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: