https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Comic Books Search Engine

Some cat from Google decided to launch his own search engine community called Topicle and I kind of like the idea.

Basically, you create your own search engine by adding a list of sites/URLs you want to search whenever you are looking for something. Essentially, you create your own specialized search engine - and I am a specialized search engine nut.

I started collecting them about 10 years ago during the Dot-Com Boom. This was right around the time Google was released and was just starting to make waves and I was always having problems finding relevant information in the regular search engines - so really, little has changed, aside from Google taking over the Web. But a whole lot of the specialized search engines I collected have gone the way of... most search engines aside from Google.

Anyway, I created my first customized search engine for comic books and I'd love for anyone who's interested to add to it, modify it, whatever. Just leave my sites in there, please!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: