https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Technical - Please Help with Feed!

Is anyone having feed issues? PLEASE comment and let me know if you are.

I don't know wtf is wrong with these feeds, aside from the fact that Google acquired Feedburner. Honestly, I never once had a single problem with any of my feeds until Google bought Feedburner; now, it's something different every damn day! Before, you simply set them up and walked away; I never had to do anything with the feeds unless the URL changed or something like that.

I'm asking because the feed for The Rundown is showing up fine and updating regularly in Firefox 2.x (latest, non-beta release), My Yahoo, and Bloglines, but when I comment on WP blogs with the CommentLuv plug-in, it says I haven't made a post since the 18th!

The OddBlog feed (which became completely screwed a while back and appeared to have straightened itself out after the move) hasn't updated on My Yahoo! in over 4 months! Yet it's fine on Bloglines and elsewhere...

You know, basically everything Google gets hold of winds up Googleized and never works right again. They're almost as bad as damn AOL! They buy the whole Internet, then twist it and hammer it to work "in tandem" with all the rest of the Google-Net and it never works right again - well, unless you install the Google-Net on your computer and give them access to your every keystroke, search query, and footprint - you know, so they can "use that information to better tailor your Google-Net experience."

PLEASE let me know if your feed is not working so I can do something about it. At this point, I am forced to think that there's something wrong with CommentLuv, because My Yahoo!'s RSS feeds have never worked and they know it (they actually had a trouble report page that said as much because they were tired of getting so many complaints).

Thanks!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: