https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Hangover

I didn't get to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. I'm not 100%, but this may be the first year that's ever happened. At any rate, we weren't going to be able to get together, then we were, and then (at the last minute), we weren't, so I had literally saved a couple pieces of turkey sammich meat just in case and I ate that. Silly, but it was all I could do on short notice and I had an idea it might end-up that way, so it was an ode to tradition if nothing else.

I didn't do anything the entire holiday week or weekend, so there's no reason whatsoever that I should feel so... discombobulated. (What an apt word, that! Not one I get to use often, either... I hope I used it right!)
Yet I do. I think everyone does, a little; it was just too long a holiday vacation and it's going to take us all a day or two to recover and get back into the swing of things.

But, for as nice as it is to have a little time off now and again, I missed the daily routine! I always do. I'm glad to be back in the coffee-needing, Web-surfing, "Nothing's on TV" grind that really went on hiatus a week ago today.

But I'm gonna get drunk tonight.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: