Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Popped

Okay, so I took the vacation and a little after to focus on catching-up with everything I've let get behind me the last year or so, which included a lot of TV and comic books. I'm still working my way through The Flash Brightest Day series, but I already read the opening for the new one. I was so not into Brightest Day, or really any of that. Green Arrow and some of them played such tangential parts that it wasn't even worth trying to tie into the rest, and yet they did.

And right after the whole thing is over, Green Arrow just shifts direction without so much as an attempt at an explanation. Just BAM! - no more forest, no more Galahad, now Ollie's somewhere else. It was really weak in that sense. It's done all the time - I remember Daredevil doing it pretty jarringly a time or two - but it was no less alarming.

I was so put-off in fact that I'm thinking of letting my subscription lapse. I got into Green Arrow following its stunning Year One, but the ongoing series have failed to live-up to that vision. Aquaman is the best of the new DC reboots that I've read so far. I'll keep up with The Flash because of the artwork, but GA is starting to rub my wallet the wrong way.

Breaking Bad and Mad Men are both okay, but I'm not as crazy over them as most people seem to be. They're good and I enjoy them, but that's as far as it goes. I haven't gotten into the very latest seasons, just the ones available on Netflix. I also got caught-up on all the current sit-coms through Hulu. So I'm pop-cultured out for a minute.

I have to regroup.

© C Harris Lynn, 2011

No comments: