https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Reviews Dredd

Dredd was better than I expected, with lush scenery, lighting, and colors. I realize it was almost 100% CGI but I actually didn't care so much this time. Maybe it was the fact that I watched it late at night just as I was preparing for bed or that I was sick when I viewed it and needed the adrenaline rush, but Dredd actually passed the muster.

It features everyone's favorite judges from the 2000 AD series in a great extraction scenario gone awry. Pretty much everything that could happen does and the judges... well, why spoil the twist-ending? (There is no twist ending.)

Still, Dredd seemed like a return to those halcyon days when big-budget movies like Die Hard got a hard-R and wide-release and I'm all for that. I honestly don't remember the last time a big-budget movie like this one even got that opportunity but, if you missed them like I have, Dredd is worth the admission.

© The Weirding, 2015

No comments: