Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

What'd I Tell You About the Oscars?

The reviews are in and while I did not watch them for reasons I elaborated on yesterday, most of America apparently agreed with my prediction: the Oscars blew gopher.

Most all of the reviews I've read say the show was boring and that Jon Stewart was the only "good" thing about it. If Jon Stewart is the only good thing about an event, then that event should probably be monitored for terrorist activity - or at least inducing mass suicide. In fact, if the Nielsen ratings are correct, last night's Oscars were the lowest-rated Academy Awards ever. It was down almost 15% from 2003's telecast, which held the record for the lowest ratings!

Accordingly, Stewart may go down in the books as hosting two of the lowest-rated Academy Awards shows in history. However, The Daily Show host did win-over the critics, who were almost unanimous in their praise of the clever disguising of his true douchebaggery.

A bunch of people and movies won a bunch of Oscars but, as I said before, we won't remember any of them next week, so who really cares? Actually, I love everything the Coen brothers do, have done, or are planning to do (with the exception of one truly awful wrestling movie Ethan Coen did on his own - The Naked Man), so I am glad they finally received the accolades they truly deserve. Other than that, who cares?

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: