https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Aletheia: At War with the Gods

This is an official Image Comics press release:

26 March 2008 (Berkeley, CA) - This May, a modern-day Greek tragedy forces a mere mortal named Thea to seek revenge against the pantheon of gods in ALETHEIA, a full color, three issue mini-series presented by Image Comics/Shadowline!

"ALETHEIA is the culmination my mutual obsessions with the classic Greek mythology and modern pulp yarns such as SIN CITY," ALETHEIA creator Bob LeFevre said. "The characters have actually been in my head for a very long time, so committing them to paper - through Image Comics/Shadowline, no less - is much more satisfying than I can properly articulate. ALETHEIA goes far beyond just Thea's story as well, and I'm hoping to tell stories set in that universe for years to come."

Thea's quest for revenge is kicked off once she discovers the murder of her boyfriend is tied into the Greek gods, who were previously thought to be just myth, but actually have an all-too-real grip on our society. She finds herself up against the entire pantheon, but her thirst for revenge easily trumps any fear from within.

"Bob's a fresh new talent and this book has exceeded our expectations," says Shadowline's head honcho, Jim Valentino. "It's as engrossing a story as it is visually stunning. Bob LeFevre and colorist James Offredi are two talents to watch!"

ALETHEIA #1 (MAR082065), a full color 32-page mini-series for $3.50, will be in stores May 28th.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

2 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

Now, that is cool. I've been an ancient history buff most of my life. And in my youth, I was one of the only girls in my neighbor hood that got into comic books.

With this new comic, I might have to get into it again. This one could be pretty cool.

Manodogs said...

Image has been kicking-out some really great stuff lately. In fact, I have to get some advance reviews out this very day because I have been so sick all week that I couldn't get to them until now - give y'all something to read throughout the weekend.

I forgot to post the pic in the original release, so I added it.