https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, May 23, 2008

Buffy Tarot Deck and Board Pics

These came yesterday in a separate (but equally OFFICIAL) press release and though I edited the original post for the price change (a typo I should have caught, but didn't), even if I had removed the picture I included, it would have all been crowded. I've said before how the layout smushes pictures together and it gets difficult with too many pictures.

That's why, even though I love bringing them to you, the sneak previews can be such a pain. Sometimes, I spend as much as an hour on each individual post! I don't really mind if it's something I'm sure you'll be interested in, but there's no good way to gauge that. A lot of times, I'll think y'all will find something cool and it gets like no hits, then I'll just post others because there's nothing else really going on and they'll go through the roof - but usually, they get almost no hits at first and sometime down the road, they "blow up." Just a crapshoot, really.

ANYhoo, here are the pics and click the link above for the whole press release (a very interesting one, actually!).


© C Harris Lynn, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this thought that entertainment corporations could make more money with the gaming side of tarot than they would always stressing the fortune telling aspects. Buffy is good for that type of tarot, but in France where tarot is recognized as a game there are all kinds of pop culture tarots. There's even been a Disney tarot published for game playing in France. If American companies knew what the French know about tarot cards, that they could be used for card games, tarot could be like all the different versions of the Monopoly boardgame on the market. We could buy tarot decks based on Star Wars, Elvis, Betty Boop, Looney Tunes, the Simpsons, Scooby Doo and much more!

Manodogs said...

Hi Dave, thanks for commenting.

It looks like a beautiful deck and the board is gorgeous, but they are both far too tied to the Occult here in America for them to ever gain any kind of mainstream acceptance in any other light.

Someone (else) said it best when they said, 'Everybody's got something - Australia got the criminals and we got stuck with the Puritans.' The only difference - the only thing I would add to that - is: at least Australia is no longer run by criminals...