https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OPT

I am so sick of being on Other People's Time!

Yesterday, I sat around here all day, waiting for someone who asked me to drive her into town because she has back problems, to come through. She was supposed to have been here around 1:30-2:00, but never showed! Finally, she called around 4:30 and told me we would just have to do it today. I have been waiting around since 9:30 this morning for her to call and have heard nothing yet.

Further, someone else was in "dire need" of $20 the other day for groceries and household needs and I - against my better judgement - lent it to her because I knew she got paid Friday and she swore she'd be right over to pay me back. I have had to hunt her down for four days now! The little moron managed to pay me back $5 here, $10 there, but still owes me like $5 and even though I can live without it, it's the freaking point of the matter, you know!? She had $20 when she got paid and I could easily live with an explanation of why she can't afford to give me the whole amount, but I'm frustrated by the constant excuses and dodging!

Don't get me wrong, her husband has been out of work for several months and just recently found a job, as well as several side-jobs. He's working hard and I know she used the money for household needs (they don't do drugs, but they do drink like Anheuser-Busch just announced they were no longer making beer), so a simple explanation as to why she can't pay me the full amount would do fine. But this avoiding me, not calling me back, "sleeping" until 1:30 in the afternoon when I knock on their door, etc., etc. is just a bunch of bullshit!

So, the point is that this is why these advance reviews and other projects do not get done when they should: I am constantly working on OPT and I am sick to death of it! In fact, I never even made supper last night because it was 4:30 before I found out I didn't have to drive for two hours and by that point, I had managed to snack on sammiches and chips, etc., to the point that I wasn't even hungry! And now, I can't start my chickens because the minute I get them in the oven, she's going to pop-up and be ready to go!

But fret not: I have plenty of PRs to keep you busy and I have them scheduled to run throughout the day, even if I am not here. Tonight, I will get to at least one of the advance reviews and starting tomorrow, my door will be shut and the phone will be off the hook and that's that.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: